Wednesday, August 20, 2008

ciao from roma!

Val and I arrived safely and soundly in Roma and spent most of the day yesterday sleeping. The flight was fine and so was the Rome airport. Today we got our cell phones and got Val's key to her apartment. Unfortunately, I don't think I am going to be able to stay with her because it seems as though they have a strict 'no guest' policy, but we can assess the situation once she is settled. I don't mind staying in the hostel we are at but it will cost some euro...

I had my first Italian pizza for lunch yesterday and while it was very good, I'm sure it was not the best in Italy. We did have some AMAZING gelato today. My tiramisu one had fudge and lady fingers in it! Sooo good and much better than Naia in Berkeley.

I do not know how frequently I will be able to post while I am in Rome because I have limited internet access, but I just thought I'd do a quick post while I was at a computer.

I do like Roma, but we have not been to any tourist areas and I would like to go to the Vatican and the Trevi Fountain (among other places) and I definitely have the time to do that before I get to Firenze! Roma is nice, but I feel like Firenze will be my home sweet home away from home.

ciao

P.S. My cell phone number is 3663661865 and Val's is 3387840570 and you have to dial 011-39 before those numbers.

No comments: