Tuesday, November 4, 2008

venezia!

I can't even keep track of how long ago I went to Venice, but here's the post!

My roommate and I decided to go to Venice for a day trip when we didn't have much to do on a weekend. We took the train in the morning and after a slight delay on the train, we finally arrived in Venice at 12:30pm. 

My first impression of Venice was that it was amazing and SO picturesque! It's such a unique city and even though there were a lot of tourists, it still has a lot of charm and character. One of my favorite things to do was to look in the windows and look at all the beautiful Venetian masks for sale:





We basically just walked around and took pictures of all the beautiful bridges and canals.





We had lunch right by the Grand Canal, which was amazing! We had bellinis (peach puree and sparkling wine), which originated in Venice. I have had bellinis before, and these ones were by far the best ever. I had an amazing pasta with mussels, clams, and shrimp. It had been so long since I'd had good seafood, that I was really craving it. The pasta definitely hit the spot!





Unfortunately, we weren't able to go inside of the San Marco cathedral because the lines were too long and we only had until 7pm, but we did get to see all of the disgusting pigeons in Piazza San Marco.

We DID get to see a demonstration of Venetian glass blowing! It was AWESOME! Seriously one of the coolest things I have seen someone do. 

Venice is seriously the most unique place I have ever been to. There is not another place in this world that is anything like Venice and I feel so fortunate that I was able to spend a fabulous day there!





1 comment:

Alex ♔ said...

hahaha for some reason this didn't show up on my "blogs i'm reading thing" (i guess cuz i subscribed to like 2 other SUPER-edited blogs that i guess just drowned you out).. but for some reason it just showed up NOW.. so i got excited & clicked on it & i was like WOW your last post was october 21st?! you just updated after over a month!! & then i saw that this one was actually written on november 4th soooo.. thanks for spazzing, blogger.